Just for girls
Aimed at 11-15 year olds, these 5 hour workshops will cover personal safety issues on the street, at school and on public transport. We'll talk about recognising and reducing the risk of personal attack, how to deal with an escalating attack and how to escape from an attacker.
Practical not pretty
The girls will learn, practical, hands-on techniques, working with a partner, in an all-female, secure environment. You can find endless videos online that teach fancy looking self defence but many of the moves are far too complicated to learn and remember when you are under attack.
We teach simple, instinctive techniques and ways to remember them.
Topics will include:
- The power of your words and voice
- Using your elbows and knees as defencive weapons
- How to escape from choke holds, head locks and bear hugs
- Kicking and striking effectively with your hands and feet
- Stopping an attack before it starts
The benefits for girls
Self defence training can:
- prepare girls both mentally and physically for a risky or dangerous situation
- increase self confidence (confident girls are less vulnerable)
- enhance personal safety
- increase social interaction with like minded girls
Venue: Hebden Bridge Boxing Club, see directions.
Date: Mon 16th Feb and Tues 17th Feb 2015
Time: 10am till 3pm (packed lunch required)
Cost: £15 (payable upon booking)